Sunday, October 3, 2010

fall flare.

just thought i should let everyone know that FLARE's october issue is now out on newstands and you ought to pick one up for yourself :)


the beautiful Christina Hendricks [of Mad Men] is featured on the cover, in a stunning black and white gown and bold red lips... so you surely won't miss it in the sea of magazines.

last week I was lucky enough to attend an exclusive FLARE beauty sale at our office. all of the staff was invited for an hour time-slot where we could peruse every Dior mascara, MAC eyeshadow and Chanel blush that were scattered across an enormous boardroom table. we didn't have long to stash all of our must-have's in our shopping totes, and I thought I might have a minor fashion-induced panic attack. luckily, I made it through, and after making some lovely choices [I snapped up most of MAC's latest Venomous Villian's collection, along with some Lancome self-tanner, and yes...finally, the most perfect glam goth lipstick. I've been wanting oh-so-desperately to pull off a dark pout and been a bit anxious, so with the amazingly affordable price tag and all proceeds going to the "Because I Am a Girl" foundation, I eagerly added it to my beauty haul... I'll post photos of results soon!]

i hope you're all embracing the lovely fall weather, wherever you are, bloggers. this is indeed my favorite season for fashion! from the leather and lace; the leopard print and camel; faux fur, wool and cashmere; and of course the boots [mine are TopShop leather, camel colored combat boots, and Nicole Richie House of Harlow 1960 beaded moccasins] .... i get excited everytime i open a magazine, log into my email for daily updates from Who What Wear, or go for a stroll in Yorkville or the Queen West Fashion District. who am I kidding, I get excited just planning my outfits each evening for the following morning :)
here is a sneak peek at a photo from free people's october 2010 catalog. this company is known for their gorgeous catalogs, stunning styling techniques and beautiful boho-chic apparel. sometimes it feels as though they design their entire collections just for me :)

1 comment: