Friday, April 23, 2010

SEX and the CITY 2.



you can only imagine my excitment... that the Sex and The City 2 movie premieres in little over a month!! this is a day that will soon require a precise countdown for all of us urban, downtown, fashionista, carrie/samantha/miranda/charlotte-loving ladies.... we can start dreaming about the shoes, the dresses, the headwraps (that seem to be making many an appearance atop carrie's pretty curly head- much to my satisfaction, being the hair accessories lover that I am), the gorgeous men, aiden's re-appearance, the styling, the desert scenes in sandy Abu Dhabi, the cocktails, the fabulousness of each and every one of the girls and lastly, new york city.

SKYY vodka has jumped on the trend, and for the first time in the history of the vodka brand, they have done a collaboration with Patricia Field (the SATC stylist). she has designed a gorgeous cityscape for the iconic royal blue bottle, and I'm sure many well-heeled ladies will be planning a visit, make that a sprint, to their nearest LCBO.




sarah jessica parker's newest perfume, SJP NYC, hit the shelves just in time for the release of the new film. the packaging dressed in style that even carrie bradshaw would approve of, is hot pink with splashes of zebra, paisley, feathers and the like. I went for a little sniff-test today (after I learned many useful facts on perfumes & scents in my cosmetics class), and I must say... my nose was happy! i'm sure the scent will be making an appearance in my condo soon enough.

SJP appeared beautifully on the cover of Vogue this month, how fitting. all six seasons of the dvd's have been re-released with new covers (i already have the pink velvet collection, so I guess I'm okay, for now, or at least until the discs are entirely worn out). a new book will reach our fingertips within mere days, titled, The Carrie Diaries... candace bushnell takes us back in time so we can see just how carrie became a writer, met the girls, and found herself in NYC.

my friends and I have already been planning events for the big night. cosmo's, sexy dresses and stiletto's, anyone? we'll have to keep our eyes open for early bird tickets, make sure our nails are manicured, our hair perfectly coiffed, and our outfits planned far in advance, of course. I'll be drinking my cosmo atop my balcony with some of my best girlfriends on the eve of May 28th....where will you be?


sammy xx



"it's been two years and in two years, amazing things can happen... things you think would never happen in a million years... just when you think you have seen it all - it hits you - you haven't seen anything yet! sometimes, you just have to get away with the girls".

1 comment:

  1. Sex and the City 2 AKA The Golden Girls Prequel.

    ReplyDelete