- Sunday, March 28: night I met up with Katrina Tuttle [my amazing designer friend from home in Halifax] at her hotel to peruse the pieces from her Fall/Winter 2010 "In Plane View" Collection. I helped her and a stylist to sort out which order the outfits would go down the runway, etc... then I went home for an in-home hair appointment with my lovely friend Tracy, who did a big hair change for me - BANGS! - and some fresh color, while also styling my roommate and my boyfriend's hair as well.
- Monday, March 29th: my best friend Brittany Chappell arrives for a weeklong visit, and we do some fashion week shopping in Yorkville, get our brows done, go for mani/pedi's, and pick up some pizza and wine to settle in on the couch for some quality girl-time.
- Tuesday, March 30th: I go for a Starbucks and a walk thru the Fashion District (Queen W) to browse my favorite boutiques - Charlie [where I purchased a cute white bracelet, white bandeau and a fabulous navy, silk, braided-back Aako dress], and Leigh&Harlow [where I found a white cotton, poufy floral accented one shoulder top]... then again, I head to Katrina Tuttle's hotel [with my best fashion friend Amanda, and my lovely roommate Katrina] to do final inspection on the runway looks, go over the accessories, shoes, etc. I met some of the models from Halifax, and went over all the chaos that would happen backstage the next day.
- Wednesday, March 31st: SHOW TIME. I primp in the morning with Kat & Amanda, we go pick up some redbulls, and head to the LG Fashion Week location - the Allstream Centre. For the next few hours I steam garments, cut loose threads, fix hems, become a last minute hair model for the girls who'd be walking in Miss Tuttle's show, watch all of the celebrities of the Heart & Stroke Foundation show strutting around backstage (Joannie Rochette, the Canadian Olympic princess; Jessica Lowndes of 90210; comedian Caroline Rhea; and Tanya Kim of eTalk to name a few), follow Katrina Tuttle around as her shadow and try to take in as much as I can. When it's time for the show, we go backstage with the dressers to make sure everything goes seamlessly- dressing models, taping them in their garments, fixing their hair, putting on their accessories, lining them up, changing them into new outfits, yelling at the dressers to not zip or button anything (one decided to go ahead and zip, broke said zipper and we had to cover the model in a jacket last minute for her first runway look, then rip her dress off of her to get her in runway look two...crisis averted, phew), taping more, reassuring models they are stunning and not to be nervous, basically....running off pure adrenalin. A 17 minute long show, seemed like a short 2 minutes because there was literally no time to think. When all was said and done, the show was fantastic, Katrina got great reviews, and we were all happy :) Then I joined my best friends in the tents where we posed on glimmering gold couches, sat underneath of disco balls, watching the fashion elite of Canada wander around, drinking glass upon glass of white wine, getting our hair done at the L'oreal station, and having the time of our lives.
- Thursday, April 1st: had a good group of girlfriends over to my condo for beyond sufficient quantities of wine, before heading to the Front Row @ Betsey Johnson show, at Liberty Grand. Suffice to say, we sat around getting pretty, drinking and chatting for too long and by the time we arrived, we had missed the main event. We danced for awhile, then went to Branthouse to meet up with some out-of-town MTV friends.
In other fashion news, my studies at Humber are going fantastically, and I will be more than busy this month with 5 major projects, presentations, and final exams. In the next 2 weeks I will be choosing my courses for the Summer semester, which is quite exciting. You can catch me this upcoming Spring/Summer doing my assignments by the pool......sunnies on, drink in hand, working on my tan, and working on my future career ;)