Wednesday, May 19, 2010

the CITY.

well well, where to start... the biggest event in the fashion and entertainment industries at the moment is the Cannes International Film Festival. without a doubt, the most adorable person to make an appearance in the South of France was Michelle Williams. what with her cute short/blond hair, and a dress and wedges that exude both a sexy&cute vibe. oh, and I can't forget to mention the fact that she has my dream man, Ryan Gosling, on her arm. other stunners on the Cannes red carpet were Eva Longoria in Emilio Pucci, Camilla Belle in Gucci, and Kate Beckinsale in Marchesa.



another event I only wish I could have been in attendance for this spring was Coachella [in California] - a weekend of cool people tenting out and partying to amazing house, hiphop and electro acts... deadmau5, mgmt, david guetta, benny benassi, lcd soundsystem, jay-z, gossip, and kaskade to simply name a few. based on all of the celeb sightings, the atmosphere was full of plenty of ripped jean shorts and hippie-esque floppy hats.


so I made a bold choice recently, and went for full out, edgy bangs, and I must say - I am loving them!! I felt the need to do something new, and taking a cue from my style icon, Nicole Richie, I followed her lead [just wondering when I'm going to find the sexy, tattooed dj to go with it]. i've also been carrying a very glamorous/hippie tote from Anthropologie, which has more color in it than I've ever worn in my life and I am in love. some other spring faves are a new pair of light brown Aldo wedges [reminiscent of Cynthia Vincent's latest style], and an Aritzia fullpiece, chambray jumpsuit.



the show that has been taking over my condo lately is The Price of Beauty with Jessica Simpson. it's pretty fabulous to see just how different fashion and beauty can be all over the world. it's wild the things we, women, put ourselves through for beauty, and I really have been enjoying Jessica's innocent, take on things. she's equally naive, and refreshingly real and endearing all at the same time.
i must get back to watching the CITY and working on my Fashion Promotion assignment [the use of sex in advertisements & entertainment - is it really necessary in the fashion world?].


only eight days until the Sex & the City 2 premiere, hope you've all pre-ordered your tickets online!

sammy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment